Job Type: Full-time position
Salary: up to £25k
In this role you will be responsible for the planning, delivery and development of our Vocational short courses which consist of Retail L1, Customer Service L2 , Hospitality, and Employability L1 (PDE) for 16- 24 year old learners, as part of a traineeship.
- Classroom based delivery of Vocational courses at L1 and L2 as well as Employability Skills, assessing learner portfolios.
- Effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Devising Learner Journeys/Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
- Developing schemes of work and lesson plans as well as contributing to the on-going creation and development of new and innovative training materials/resources.
- Embedding Functional Skills throughout the delivery and documenting it in lessons plans/SOWs.
- Liaising with colleagues to offer learners the best possible progression route for further education, apprenticeships and employment.
- Achieving a minimum of Grade 2 in all internal and external inspections, monitoring visits and observations.
- Achieving minimum retention rate of 95% and success rate of 95% for accredited qualifications.
- Contributing to the sourcing and enrolment of new learners if required.
- Attending standardisation meetings when necessary
- Administrating and completing paperwork associated with programme within required timescales.
- Achieved a fully endorsed teaching qualification, PTTLS as a minimum, with relevant vocational qualification and/or experience.
- IT qualification desirable.
- Assessor qualification desirable.
- Excellent understanding of how to effectively interpret a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Ability and experience of working with challenging learners with a wide variety of barriers from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in delivering vocational qualifications
- Robust classroom management skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Ofsted inspections desirable
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- High standard of customer care
- Good organisational and administration skills.
Standard responsibility requirements
- Participate in any staff review/performance management processes involving the identifying and meeting of training needs for self and others.
- Evidence own progress and achievement using CPD.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Advance and integrate equality and diversity throughout all activities.
- NTN is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and promote this commitment
TO APPLY: Email covering letter and CV to: [email protected]